Share not getting used for allocation even though it's empty

Frayedknot

I'm in the process of converting to XFS (unraid 6 upgrade) and after I've converted one drive to XFS (unbalanced, then formatted) it doesn't appear to be moving anything to it.

The relevant settings are:

INCLUDE=All 

EXCLUDE=NONE

SPLIT LEVEL = AUTO 

ALLOCATION-METHOD=HIGH WATER.

I attached the MainPage and Movie share screen shots in case there is something else to look at.

In the last MOVER it put them to Disk1.  I'm pretty sure it should be going to DISK2 because it has the most free.

I'm concerned this might have something to do with XFS being the odd filesystem in my Array.  Or maybe something Unbalance did.  I doubt it's either, but before I change more disks over I figure I better look into this.

Also, I can't find what the 766 MB is on that drive (/mnt/disk2 is empty).  I can write to /mnt/disk2 so I know it isn't a write issue.

mainpage.jpg.ff837c0556bda8ee9411418417547d2d.jpg

MoviesShare.jpg.94191cc8649623f51add63fde8172c5a.jpg

I'm concerned this might have something to do with XFS being the odd filesystem in my Array.  Or maybe something Unbalance did.  I doubt it's either, but before I change more disks over I figure I better look into this.

File system doesn't matter.  I don't know anything about Unbalance, but I don't see how ANY tool could matter either.

Also, I can't find what the 766 MB is on that drive (/mnt/disk2 is empty).  I can write to /mnt/disk2 so I know it isn't a write issue.

766MB is about .0005% of your drive, a very small amount.  When you say 'empty', I know you mean it has no files, but once formatted the drive isn't empty, it has a file system on it.  XFS is using that space.

As long as Settings->Global Share Settings allows disk2 will be used once disk one has less than 750GB. See here: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Un-Official_UnRAID_Manual#Allocation_method

Ok.. I was looking at that page, and I clearly misunderstood it. 

I got a grasp on it now.  It confused me because that drive has been used, but that was likely as a result of growing the array over the years.

Thanks for your response.

Archived