Would NOT flashing an m1015 to IT mode in a norco cause my drives to be not found?

Running latest unraid in a norco 4224 with the top row going directly to the m1015 and the second port going to an Intel expander. Supermicro MB with bios defaults. I run "dmesg|grep SATA|grep link" with no drives showing up(using cli commands from root user as my ipmi connection is not working for some reason). Drives do have a power light too.

Everyone recommends flashing(which I plan to do), but should I be focused on something else first to get these WD 6tb drives found? Thanks.

Running latest unraid in a norco 4224 with the top row going directly to the m1015 and the second port going to an Intel expander. Supermicro MB with bios defaults. I run "dmesg|grep SATA|grep link" with no drives showing up(using cli commands from root user as my ipmi connection is not working for some reason). Drives do have a power light too.

Everyone recommends flashing(which I plan to do), but should I be focused on something else first to get these WD 6tb drives found? Thanks.

You can map them on controller bios as single/jbod to make them 'presented' to unRAID, but this limits unRAID control on them and it's not preferable...  ???

I'm dropping some files here in case anyone could use it(including me in the future). I'm not an expert by any means, but I attached the files needed for upgrading an M1015 to P19 IT mode. It seems to be the most stable as of this time. Some people say P20 is slow and has been fixed in the newest P20(using the same name for some reason?), but I didn't want to take any chances. I have a SuperMicro X10SLH motherboard that has a uefi shell. These aren't my scripts...I just grabbed user Madburg's files and replaced the firmware and flash tool with P19 versions. I then took user Newbie_Dude's command lines to finish writing the firmware in a UEFI shell after erasing the M1015 in a DOS shell. The simplest way? Dunno.

1. Create a FAT32 DOS bootable drive. I had to use the Rufus Disk Tool since my flash drive was fairly large.

2. Copy the contents of M1015-P19.rar into the root of the drive.

3. Boot into the DOS drive and run "1.bat", "2.bat", "3.bat" in order, waiting for each to complete which essentially erases the current firmware/branding.

4. Reboot into the UEFI shell of the SuperMicro motherboard and type the following commands:

>"fs0:"(the "ls" command should show dir info now...if not, try another number i.e. fs1:)

>"sas2flash.efi -l Flashlog.txt -o -f 2118it.bin -b mptsas2.rom"

>"sas2flash.efi -o -sasadd 500605bxxxxxxxxx"

Where 500605bxxxxxxxxx is replaced by SAS Address from Adapters.txt OR found on a sticker directly on your card.

File here:

http://www.megafileupload.com/8PLa/M1015-P19.rar

Some people say P20 is slow and has been fixed in the newest P20(using the same name for some reason?), but I didn't want to take any chances.

Pxx is the main release. Under that there are subreleases (bugfixes). For P20 we have v.20.00.00.00 (bugged) and v.20.00.02.00 (flawless).

Under P20 I'm getting over 2 GB/s transfer speeds on my 4xSSD RAID0, so... I think 'slow' could be unappropriate term....  ;D

About your instructions, they are fine, BUT on some cards could be safer crossflashing with P11 at first and only THEN (simply) update to P19/P20...  :)

Anyway, as you report, this is not ever needed...  ;)

Archived