Two 478 socket boards, but noon wont boot

Dexterboy

Hi,

Yes, i know it is a very old board, but i got them for free, latest bios, celereon 2,4 proc, two sticks of ram, both have also 2 sata ports.

These models are:

- asrock P4i65G

- intel D865glc

I want to give them to my friends to give them a taste of unraid, considering that we all have little children who wants to watch cartoons and we older want to watch... julia ann?  ;D

OK, back to problem;

i have tried latest x86 versions of unraid 5.0.5 and on both tests i got a BOOT ERROR message on screen. Have also tried different setting in bios, and no one wouldn't work.

any help?

Without looking up those boards, you've got to set the USB stick to be the boot device.  Ideally you don't want / need any other devices in the boot order.  Also, did you name the stick to be UNRAID and run makebootable on it?

@Squid,

of course i did everything you wrote, but the system hangs up immediately after self testing. USB key is only thing connected to the comp. I did a full format of usb key, make it bootable (ran as...), name it UNRAID, but still no luck  :-[

The funny thing is, when I try with usb key and beta 6 version (even this is 86 proc), the pc starts up, showing boot menu and at the second line shows a message about wrong processor...

Therefore, i was also thinking copying ''boot sequence'' from version 6 to version 5...?

@Squid,

of course i did everything you wrote, but the system hangs up immediately after self testing. USB key is only thing connected to the comp. I did a full format of usb key, make it bootable (ran as...), name it UNRAID, but still no luck  :-[

The funny thing is, when I try with usb key and beta 6 version (even this is 86 proc), the pc starts up, showing boot menu and at the second line shows a message about wrong processor...

Therefore, i was also thinking copying ''boot sequence'' from version 6 to version 5...?

Could be a problem with the stick...  I've found on old stick that have previously been made bootable for say ubuntu or as a windows install stick may not get themselves setup correctly for unRaid.

In those situations I've run those sticks through ActiveBootDisk to get them working again.

Also, the sticks have to be formatted as FAT.  exFat won't work  (ie:  64gig sticks will give you problems)

Archived