Duplicate Copies of Movies/Shows on Cache Drive

cr0nis

Hi All,

i hope i dont ramble too much i've been trying to figure this out and am a bit tired at this stage so bear with me  :)

I'm using a combination of a Windows 7 HTPC which runs sabnzb & Emby and an Unraid server which ran Sickbeard, Couchpotato and Headphones. Earlier this week i upgraded by cpu/motherboard for the Unraid server and also upgraded from 5.x to 6.x. After the upgrade I reinstalled Couchpotato, installed Sickrage in place of Sickbeard and Headphones (have not configured this one yet) through Docker. i tried following the same setup i had in the past which was:

• All usenet downloads were sent to the HTPC server which ran Sabnzb
  • Incomplete files were saved to a local drive on the HTPC and when completed were moved to an old \\tower\cache\appdata\sabnzbd\downloads folder that was set up on the Unraid Cache drive from a dormant Sabnzb setup that was really never used.
  • Couchpotato & Sickbeard would then scan the \\tower\cache\appdata\sabnzbd\downloads\ folder and move/rename the file to shared drives called Movies and the other TV Shows.
  • All movies and shows would then be deleted from the \\tower\cache\appdata\sabnzbd\downloads without issue

What I'm seeing now is the movies are saved to the same place by Sabnzb, the files are unpacking correctly to the download folder and they are copied to the movie/tv show folder just fine. Once this happens the deletion of the folder from the download directory fails with the following error:

Jun 14 11:01:30 Tower shfs/user: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/downloads/complete/movies/Sin City (2005)/Sin.City.2005.Unrated.Recut.Extended.720p.BluRay.x264-AVS720-1.cp(tt0401792) (39) Directory not empty

Jun 14 12:01:00 Tower shfs/user: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/cache/Downloads/Complete/movies/Sin City (2005) (39) Directory not empty

Worse off there are new folders being created on the cache drive. It looks like the Download, Movie and TV Show folders are created on the cache drive root.

Download share: \\tower\Downloads\Complete\movies\Sin City (2005)

Cache folder version: \\tower\cache\Downloads\Complete\movies\Sin City (2005)

Here is the weird part; changes made to the Download share replicate to the Cache download folder but not vice versa. I checked to see if symbolic links exist but don't see any. I'm stumped here. I changed the download directory to a share and the same thing happens.

So what am I asking:

- What is causing the deleting of files from \\tower\cache\appdata\sabnzbd\downloads to fail

- What is creating the copy/link of the 3 folders to the cache drive?

Let me know what additional info you need as my log knowledge is pretty basic.

thanks in advance!

Maybe a better understanding of what's going on under the surface with unRAID shares would help make sense of this.

All folders at the root of cache or an array drive is a user share with the same name as the folder, and all of these folders which have the same name are "fused" into that user share.

If you don't configure a user share it has default settings. Some of these defaults that are relevant here are to use all disks, and to use the cache drive.

So, the Downloads user share at \\tower\Downloads could include \\tower\cache\Downloads and \\tower\disk1\Downloads, for example.

And \\tower\cache\appdata is part of a user share named appdata, which would appear at \\tower\appdata. Note that if you don't configure this user share to Use cache disk: Only then it will be treated just like other cached shares. It will be moved from the cache drive onto one or more of the other disks. Then your apps that you have configured to look for it on cache/appdata won't work any more because those files aren't there anymore.

Thanks ofr the quick replies. I think this make some sense. Adding the new hardware or upgrading forced me to remap my drives and verify the settings. i may have turned on use cache for shares which may otherwise not have used it in the past causing the drive to fill up whilst downloading.

i changed my download folder to not use cache and am running mover now. Do you think i'm on the right path here?

Archived