Slow Webui

Spydawg

Looking for help with a very slow to navigate in the webui.

Take 20+ seconds to move around in it.  (clicking any tab or option etc etc..)

I was using latest stable release unRAIDServer-6.0.1-x86_64,  then installed the latest beta 6.1-rc1 with the same issue.

I never had this issue before just started a few weeks back.

I upgraded a Hard drive that was 90% full to a bigger one thinking maybe the full drive was the issue..  didn't help.

I upgraded a old 320g HD i was using for a cache drive  that was starting to get SMART errors but was still passing the SMART tests, replaced it with a new 240G SSD.  didn't help.

I've tested with 4 computers on my home network, all see same issue.  also I've tried Chrome, Explorer, Edge and firefox to browse the WebUI same issue with all of them.

No issues with any dockers that's running of of it.  I can remotely connect to any docker locally and from outside my network and browse over the internet without any lag or wating.

Files transfer to and from the unraid tower fast.  I can use putty or WinSCP with out issues as well.

attached is my system log and my Diagnostics report.

The system specs are

Intel® Core™ i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz

8 gigs of ram

6 HDs

Power supply is a Corsair 800w single 12v rail

Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20150725-1702.zip

tower-syslog-20150725-1703.zip

Looking for help with a very slow to navigate in the webui.

Take 20+ seconds to move around in it.  (clicking any tab or option etc etc..)

I was using latest stable release unRAIDServer-6.0.1-x86_64,  then installed the latest beta 6.1-rc1 with the same issue.

I never had this issue before just started a few weeks back.

I upgraded a Hard drive that was 90% full to a bigger one thinking maybe the full drive was the issue..  didn't help.

I upgraded a old 320g HD i was using for a cache drive  that was starting to get SMART errors but was still passing the SMART tests, replaced it with a new 240G SSD.  didn't help.

I've tested with 4 computers on my home network, all see same issue.  also I've tried Chrome, Explorer, Edge and firefox to browse the WebUI same issue with all of them.

No issues with any dockers that's running of of it.  I can remotely connect to any docker locally and from outside my network and browse over the internet without any lag or wating.

Files transfer to and from the unraid tower fast.  I can use putty or WinSCP with out issues as well.

attached is my system log and my Diagnostics report.

The system specs are

Intel® Core™ i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz

8 gigs of ram

6 HDs

Power supply is a Corsair 800w single 12v rail

Thanks!

Curious.. are you running this on ESXi or directly "on metal"?

well I think i fixed it...  its working fine now.

I did the following..  not sure which one fixed it.

I changed my MTU setting in my router from 1500 to 1492

Changed the network cable from the unraid to the switch.

Also enabled jumbo packets and set it to 8996 in the Unraid server.

I'm thinking its the MTU setting.  I upgraded my internet connection from a 5 Mbps DSL line to a 50 Mbps Fiber connection, I had to change the connection setting in router and it changed the MTU from 1492 to 1500, and it was after that I noticed my issue.

I'll get back after a few days if it returns to be slow..

All MTUs are set to 1500 in the unraid server, verified with the ifconfig cmd.

I did a hardware reset my router, set it up for my ISP left MTU on it at the default 1500.

Seems to be working fine again on all my systems including the Windows 10 one.

Hoping for the best.

Archived