Req: Share Name Change to Update Docker Volume Mappings?

Hi - this is probably not a common occurrence, and it's likely more hassle to implement than to workaround, but here goes...

Is it possible that if you change the name of a User Share that unRAID could potentially also update the volume mappings in any Dockers that include this share?

I'm currently having a major restructure of my unRAID server (following a complete migration to it for all data, plus conversion over to Plex from VOB files).  As I'm going along, shares are being renamed (for example, "Movies (converted)" to just "Movies".  I keep needing to remind myself to update the dockers that point to these folders, and it would be nice if unRAID cascaded these changes (or gave me the option, or reminded me to do it).

No huge deal obviously (although in my stupidity, a given set of circumstances could have dropped a library or two off Plex) - I guess it boils down to the philosophy of unRAID and its implementation of Dockers.

Hi - this is probably not a common occurrence, and it's likely more hassle to implement than to workaround, but here goes...

Is it possible that if you change the name of a User Share that unRAID could potentially also update the volume mappings in any Dockers that include this share?

I'm currently having a major restructure of my unRAID server (following a complete migration to it for all data, plus conversion over to Plex from VOB files).  As I'm going along, shares are being renamed (for example, "Movies (converted)" to just "Movies".  I keep needing to remind myself to update the dockers that point to these folders, and it would be nice if unRAID cascaded these changes (or gave me the option, or reminded me to do it).

No huge deal obviously (although in my stupidity, a given set of circumstances could have dropped a library or two off Plex) - I guess it boils down to the philosophy of unRAID and its implementation of Dockers.

I'm going to move this to the feature request forum and I don't think it's a bad idea at all, but need to confer with the team to see how much work it would be to implement.  There are a few other areas we know we want to change as well that are similar (e.g. when you rename a VM right now, we don't actually rename the folder the VM vdisks live inside of; that should probably change too).

Whilst I haven't tried, I'm guessing that removing a share should also remove any docker volume mappings it's involved with too if that's the case.

That behavior doesn't happen today, but will need to happen in the future (same goes for renaming an existing one).