• Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Cessquill last won the day on September 26 2019

Cessquill had the most liked content!

About Cessquill

  • Birthday 10/04/1973


  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Cessquill's Achievements


Enthusiast (6/14)



  1. Very useful, yes - thank you. If I had a USB SATA dock, or benchtop test PC I'd probably do that. My Unraid drives are in hot swap caddies though, so it's easier for me to do it in Linux. However, think I've changed 4/5 drives since writing this, and have had to refer back to this thread every time for the commands.
  2. Just by tweaking the post above yours, this will get close: */5 7-12 * * 7 It should run every 5 minutes on a Sunday from 7-12, not 7.30. I'm not personally aware of any way to put fractions in to hour ranges (somebody else might know), but if it has to be from 7.30 onwards then you could tweak your script by putting a quick bit of logic at the start. Something like startTime="07:30" begin=$(date --date=$startTime +%s) now=$(date +%s) if [ "$now" -le "$begin" ]; then exit 1 fi ...would exit the script straight away for all times between 7 and 7.30. Haven't tested it though - just patched it from a script that I used to run before I realised custom schedules were a thing.
  3. Try */15 6-23 * * * I had a similar expression that would run a drive spin up every evening
  4. When I was looking into it, I seem to remember that the other use was if more than two people were in a chat - it was no longer peer-to-peer, so relied on a third party to manage the feeds (also the turn server could be resource intensive). I gave up in the end, but will probably pick it back up again over a wet weekend.
  5. Just to say that it worked fine for me. However, I did have to restore from backup about a month ago when moving my appdata to a different cache pool and movie list was empty. Maybe I got lucky.
  6. some www/ files hidden over network - might be a general Unraid thing, but we'll see... I'm developing a site in appdata/nginx/www from a windows box, and occasionally files and folders that I can see on Unraid are not visible through smb. EG, /appdata/nginx/www/assets/internal/js/scripts.js is not visible over the network, but another js file in that folder is. If I try and recreate the file from Windows, I get a message saying it already exists, but I can't see it to open and edit it. Any ideas?
  7. Just the opposite of the instructions to implement it. That is, remove "--runtime=nvidia" from Extra Parameters and blank the "Nvidia Visible Devices" field in the docker template. You could then uninstall the Nvidia Driver plugin (not sure whether required, but if you're removing the card you might as well).
  8. I can't see the rest of your settings, but you haven't filled in the "extra parameters" on that screenshot (instructions at the top when you edit the docker).
  9. You could try "Refresh All Metadata" and maybe "analyze" across each of your library entries (just a guess, but it might help flush out issues like this)
  10. Turn off downloads for any friends/family might be worth looking at. AFAIK you can't remove downloads that somebody else has set up, and if their client doesn't log on and download it, it will constantly get converted and sit there waiting.
  11. It's late here, but the instructions are dotted on the previous page
  12. Key: NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES Value: The ID of your GPU according to the Nvidia plugin page Default Value: leave blank
  13. I don't think you'll have problems. This only affected 1 or 2 of all the Ironwolf models, none of which you have.
  14. I haven't seen any evidence that the drives you're using are affected by the issues this thread addresses - maybe others know better. I haven't got any in my array, and out of the 17 Ironwolfs, only 4 had issues (the ST8000VN004). It's also not established (here at least) whether changing the lowCurrentSpinup is required.
  15. Cheers guys. Yes, other transcoding works fine - both with browser and Chromecast (although haven't tested exhaustively). And I'd added another pool with the intention of pulling all Plex activity off my Cache/regular docker pool. And moved it folder to folder (copy rather than move for safety). Used to have it on an unassigned device pre cache pools, and remembered access needed to be Slave Read/Write. Didn't know whether there were any similar requirements when running from an alternate location. Or whether I'd messed up permissions when copying over. Figured it was more of a Plex issue, but thought I'd try my luck here as support from Plex can be hit and miss. Thanks again.