Copying files over local network to unraid is very slow.

omk

Hi, Im sitting on a computer with windows 10 x64 and trying to copy files over the network to my unraid computer.

Im not sure what the reason is, but I get transfer rates of 300kb/s which is kinda rediculous.

The unraid is connected with 100mbit & windows 10 computer is connected with 1gbit. The way I try to copy them over is the normal windows way(fileexplorer, find the unraid computer in network explorer and copy paste the folders)

The unraid setup is probably far from optimal, I have no parity discs and no cache discs(Cant afford it right now, Im hoping to build up the computer over time), but I should still get better than 300kb/s right?

Attached is my syslog.

tower-syslog-20150830-1519.zip

tower-diagnostics-20150830-1620.zip

* System indicates you have a Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller on it, so you should be able to connect at gigabit speeds.  That should make a HUGE difference in transfer speed.  I don't see any transmission errors, so don't see a software reason for it to downgrade to 100mbps.  Must be the cable or router/switch is not gigabit capable?

* The WD20EARS (Disk 2) has 28 Current_Pending_Sectors, that's a problem that needs to be fixed, soon, may possibly be causing slowdowns.  If you haven't copied much to it, I'd take it offline and Preclear it twice, until clean.

* The ST2000DL003 (Disk 1) looks great in all but one category, Hardware_ECC_Recovered WORST value dropped to 3 at some point previously, indicating this drive is or has required a LOT of ECC (error correction code) to be needed.  There are NO issues present at the moment, but I would not expect this drive to last as long as others that are similar.

* In your BIOS settings, look for the SATA settings and make sure they are all set to AHCI, not IDE emulation mode.

* vsftpd is segfaulting, probably not compiled for this version of unRAID.  I'd try a different one, such as the Docker one (glftp?).

* To get rid of the "invalid response packet" messages and some other lines, I would suggest updating to the latest v6.1-rc6, but unfortunately it's probably not compatible with your PlexMediaServer plugin.

I can't say for sure why it's slow, but the lack of a gigabit connection is probably the biggest factor.  If it's running into the bad sectors on Disk 2, then that too would slow it down.

Archived