Need suggestions on a symlink or directory duplication

wisem2540

From the research I have done, apparently you cannot create a symlink to a user share.  Here is my situation....

I have a folder \\unraid\Share\Trailers\ that I want to appear in \\Unraid\Movies\SomeRandomMovie\Trailers

A few things to note.  Apparently, my Share and Trailers folder are spread across multiple disks.  So I have a few questions.

1.  Am I correct that in my current setup, my symlink will not work?

2.  If so, what happens if I change my SHARE to only use one disk?  Does the data move or would I have to empty it before making the change?

3.  Is that my best course of action, to put this share on only one disk then mount the symlink directly do the disk?

Thanks

From the research I have done, apparently you cannot create a symlink to a user share.  Here is my situation....

I have a folder \\unraid\Share\Trailers\ that I want to appear in \\Unraid\Movies\SomeRandomMovie\Trailers

A few things to note.  Apparently, my Share and Trailers folder are spread across multiple disks.  So I have a few questions.

1.  Am I correct that in my current setup, my symlink will not work?

2.  If so, what happens if I change my SHARE to only use one disk?  Does the data move or would I have to empty it before making the change?

3.  Is that my best course of action, to put this share on only one disk then mount the symlink directly do the disk?

I use symlinks all the time on my user shares.    What I think is the restriction is that hard links will not work, but soft ones (ln -s) are fine.

Archived