We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Demonic Audio

Concelor

So passing through my 660Ti works like a charm...video wise

The audio on the other hand, is possessed by Satan, that's the only way I can describe it

For a few seconds a video, piece of music, or system sound will sound normal, but them it slows down almost sounds backwards and skips

I first though it was drivers so I've rolled back a few times to try different releases, it may fix it for a few minutes but soon the devil reappears.

I then thought maybe audio quality so i flipped from Studio to Dvd and back and forth, same thing a few clear seconds then demon chanting

Looking at the playback device list, i show the speakers, then four hdmi output ports that are disabled, so i enabled them and disabled them, no change

Anyone ever encountered something like this?

That did the trick, though I'm sadden to learn I don't have a server with a demon under the hood lol

This MSI Interupt got me thinking, should I be doing it for everything in my system for my VMs? or just the sound card

For any devices that have msi support but do not show up as having msi enabled in the vm, you can do this, but in my testing this far, the only major noticeable impact has been with NVIDIA HDMI audio as you've experienced.

Archived