Is there a Docker GUI like UNRAID's available for non-UNRAID oses?

I really like the docker GUI that is built into unRAID 6.  I only run a few containers on my unRAID server since it is not very powerful and I only intend for it to be a file server.  I have a VMware vSphere virtual environment at home with several VMs, including an Ubuntu VM running docker for all my other containers. I am currently using Shipyard for management of containers on that VM, but its just OK.  Is there another GUI out there that is similar to unRAID's?  Specifically I really value the ability to check for updates and just click to update when a new version of the container is available.  It sure beats having to destroy a container and recreate it while making sure to use the same paths and variables which is what I do now on my Ubuntu host.

What about running Unraid as a guest to host your docker containers from vmware?

Not something I have any experience or knowledge about but may be a solution..

If it was just for dockers you couldl probably get by with the cheapest license as well.

I have considered this...not sure yet.  One caveat is the inability to run 32 bit containers in unRAID like the HDHomeRun DVR beta that I am currently running in a container on Ubuntu. Would I even need an unRAID license to do this? Doesn't the trial version allow for docker containers? I actually have a second license, but I'd rather save that for emergencies in case my USB key dies.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the docker GUI that is built into unRAID 6.  I only run a few containers on my unRAID server since it is not very powerful and I only intend for it to be a file server.  I have a VMware vSphere virtual environment at home with several VMs, including an Ubuntu VM running docker for all my other containers. I am currently using Shipyard for management of containers on that VM, but its just OK.  Is there another GUI out there that is similar to unRAID's?  Specifically I really value the ability to check for updates and just click to update when a new version of the container is available.  It sure beats having to destroy a container and recreate it while making sure to use the same paths and variables which is what I do now on my Ubuntu host.

Take a look at this: http://linoxide.com/linux-how-to/setup-dockerui-web-interface-docker/

The github repository for the project is here: https://github.com/crosbymichael/dockerui/