AsRock E3C224D4I-14S and 6TB/8TB drives?

I've already bought myself an AsRock E3C224D4I-14S. And before I purchase the HDDs I'm wanting to make sure that it will support 6TB and 8TB drives.

It doesn't mention them in the supported HDDs which is why I'm asking.

One other question. I've had a quick look at the thread for the 8TB Seagate HDDs, and from the few posts I've read people seem to recommend them. My only slight concern is how long parity checks will take, and of course are there any downsides to the Seagate drives? (If it makes any difference this server will be 100% media, Blu Ray rips, TV Shows and music).

Oh, on a slight side note, I did use Unraid a long time ago (switched to Windows and Flex, but I never trusted Flexraid and I've always missed Unraid). I was initially intending to VM Windows on a large SSD, and putting FLAC music files on the SSD. But I think I've changed my mind and I'm happy just running Unraid as it seems to do everything I really need. So, that got me thinking. Is it possible to have an SSD online that isn't part of the pool? I'm pretty sure the answer to that is no, but I never needed it with my last Unraid build, so I thought I'd ask.

Archived