We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Setting resolution for installer (Ubuntu)

johnodon

I've just always dealt with this issue and never bothered to ask but I'm at a point where it pisses me off.

If I create a new VM for Ubuntu 14.04 and use the built-in VM Manager VNC viewer, the resolution is set so high that it makes the screen VERY small!  Is there a way to correct this?

John

I've just always dealt with this issue and never bothered to ask but I'm at a point where it pisses me off.

If I create a new VM for Ubuntu 14.04 and use the built-in VM Manager VNC viewer, the resolution is set so high that it makes the screen VERY small!  Is there a way to correct this?

John

I know exactly what you're talking about and it drives me just as bonkers.  It's weird because this behavior isn't consistent between various operating systems.  This is one of those things that I have been meaning to spend some time looking at, but because it really only seems to affect a few OSes, it just hasn't been a priority.

If anyone can do some googling on KVM/QEMU and Ubuntu guest VM resolution and point to a possible solution, I'm all ears, otherwise it'll probably be awhile before we get to it.

Archived