License Question...

mp54u

I searched a couple of times now and see a couple of things out on the wiki's regarding drive #'s with each license.  With Basic license showing that I can have 6 drives,  does the cache drive count against that #?

Googling around some I found that in version 5 a single cache disk did not count against the 6 total.  So in version 5 with a basic license I could have 1 parity, 5 data, and 1 cache.  Before I go out and buy another disk to find out I have to buy a license as well,  can someone confirm that this is true in version 6 as well?

I searched a couple of times now and see a couple of things out on the wiki's regarding drive #'s with each license.  With Basic license showing that I can have 6 drives,  does the cache drive count against that #?

Googling around some I found that in version 5 a single cache disk did not count against the 6 total.  So in version 5 with a basic license I could have 1 parity, 5 data, and 1 cache.  Before I go out and buy another disk to find out I have to buy a license as well,  can someone confirm that this is true in version 6 as well?

i think you are getting confused about the v5 licences?  There was the (free) Basic (3 devices and no cache), Plus (6 devices) and Pro (25 devices).  With v6 the Plus has been increased to 12 and there is the new Basic license which allows for 6 devices.  With the v6 Basic and Plus licenses the limit applies to the number of HDD/SDD drives attached to the PC regardless of how they are used.

Archived