Dell H310 Flashing Help/pointers needed please.

Hi There,

I have just purchased a Dell Perc H310 8 port controller card, to replace my current Supermicro AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 whilst in the process of upgrading.

Is there anyone who could point me to a current I/T flashing guide, and firmware download links for flashing the H310 to prepare it for use with Unraid 6.1.3 please.

I have available a PC with a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC mobo to flash it, or i could flash it in my current Unraid mobo, a Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3L, (I will be upgrading my Unraid system to the GA-Z87-OC with a I7 4770K and 16gb Corsair ram,very soon, and will be using the Supermicro card as a secondary card with it too. I'm looking forward to trying VM's at last, lol).

Many thanks.

Many thanks for the link johnnie.black, would anybody have any opinions whether it is better to flash the 310 with the Lsi firmware, or whether it is best to stick to flashing with the Dell firmware?

It seems from what people have said, there is no performance loss or gain between the two, just that the Dell firmware is easier to flash.

I used Dell's firmware mostly because the flash procedure is simpler, as a bonus the lack of bios makes reboots faster.

I suspect performance will be similar with any of them,  but as I can get 320MB/s+ with 8 SSDs on my test server it's more than enough for the fastest HDDs currently on the market.

• 11 months later...

I used Dell's firmware mostly because the flash procedure is simpler, as a bonus the lack of bios makes reboots faster.

I suspect performance will be similar with any of them,  but as I can get 320MB/s+ with 8 SSDs on my test server it's more than enough for the fastest HDDs currently on the market.

Are you still using the Dell firmware?  I've ordered an H310 so trying to figure out what/how to flash it. So far it seems the LSI flash has the benefit of being more up to date and supporting a bigger queue depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk