Stale file handle on NFS shares

Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me solve this issue with my NFS shares please? SMB seems to be working fine, but the majority of the files / folders in my NFS shares are not accessible (either through my linux machine or through Kodi on Win 10), due to "Stale file handle".

I've attached my diagnostics so hopefully someone will be able to help.

Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20160111-1524.zip

Did you do a top level search on this topic?  I know it was a problem in the past and there was considerable discussion at the time.  I know several changes were made at that time that improved the situation but I don't think the issue was ever completely solved. 

I was following it at that time as I was using NFS on my media servers (I have three of them in my house!) and, at that time, most people felt that NFS had better overall performance than SMB.  However, several improvements were subsequently made to SMB and that difference became a non-issue for most applications.  I may be completely wrong on this point but I think SMB is becoming the de facto file transfer protocol for most Operating Systems.