How to get data off of unmounted cache drive?

night2you

I needed more space so I was going to move the cache drive as part of my main array. I stopped the array and was going to move it from cache to the array. Then I realized there is still some data on there that I forgot to move. Unraid is saying it is unmounted and wants me to format it. I have *not* formatted it yet. Is there a way to get at the data on there?

I needed more space so I was going to move the cache drive as part of my main array. I stopped the array and was going to move it from cache to the array. Then I realized there is still some data on there that I forgot to move. Unraid is saying it is unmounted and wants me to format it. I have *not* formatted it yet. Is there a way to get at the data on there?

Did you actually assign it to a new slot in the array? Do you have a parity drive? Did it take a while before unRAID showed it as unformatted?

Before a drive can be used in a new slot in a parity array it must be clear. This is so parity will remain valid. If you don't preclear it then unRAID will clear the drive. I wonder if it hasn't already done so.

This is most of the 12th, but I think it was after a reboot, so I'm not sure it has the relevant information. It's the oldest I have at this point.

On my cache drive was a temp folder. I'm not even sure what was on it. It got put on the cache drive before moving to the main array.

Thank you so much for sticking with this and trying to help me out!

just12small.zip

Archived