Recommend a Couchpotato alternative

johnodon

I hate Couchpotato! 

That being said, I like to have more control when it comes to torrent/nzb selection for movies so I download manually.  However, I would like an automated solution that will rename the folder/file to 'TITLE (YEAR)' and move it to my Movies share (at that point Emby will see it and scrape metadata).

I'm starting to read a little bit about Filebot.  Is anyone using it?  Are there any other alternatives?

TIA!

John

Just curious.... what do you hate about it? The YEAR thing? I have it set to <thename> (<year>) and it names the folder by title (year) as you want. I have used it for years and years and it just sits there doing its job. Also certain NZB indexer sites have the CP functionality built in... but to me that means I have to rely on only one source for movies.

Just curious.... what do you hate about it? The YEAR thing? I have it set to <thename> (<year>) and it names the folder by title (year) as you want. I have used it for years and years and it just sits there doing its job. Also certain NZB indexer sites have the CP functionality built in... but to me that means I have to rely on only one source for movies.

I had a lot of issues with CP deleting movies after they were downloaded and extracted.  Probably a misconfig on my part but I wasn't able to find a way to make it stop.  I never had an issue with the naming.

I would be willing to use CP if I can use it to ONLY watch a folder, rename the media, move the media and cleanup the extra junk.  Is that possible?  Can you configure CP to just watch a folder (like filebot)?  I don't want to rely on it to fetch movies or scrape metadata.

John

I would be willing to use CP if I can use it to ONLY watch a folder, rename the media, move the media and cleanup the extra junk.  Is that possible?  Can you configure CP to just watch a folder (like filebot)?  I don't want to rely on it to fetch movies or scrape metadata.

Yeah, that's easy, and how I use CP 99% of the time since I usually search for and download my movies manually. In the CP settings click "Renamer" and set the "From" field to where you want CP to watch for new movies. Set the "To" field to where you keep your movies. Set the folder and file name fields to the format you want them to be named. Turn on advanced settings and set the "Run Every" field to how often you want it to look for movies in the "From" directory.

Yeah, that's easy, and how I use CP 99% of the time since I usually search for and download my movies manually. In the CP settings click "Renamer" and set the "From" field to where you want CP to watch for new movies. Set the "To" field to where you keep your movies. Set the folder and file name fields to the format you want them to be named. Turn on advanced settings and set the "Run Every" field to how often you want it to look for movies in the "From" directory.

But isn't the problem that CP will only perform this action every 1 hour (best case)?  What I am looking for is a solution that will monitor a folder and take action when it sees something new (like filebot does).  However, I am now having some issues with filebot as far as it not doing ANYTHING unless I restart the container.

John

You set it to check every X number of minutes. I set it to every 30 minutes to give a the movie a chance to extract. If you download stuff outside of CP's Wanted feature it has no way of knowing when something it's actually completed extracting and will move the incomplete extraction. I'm sure there's post processing scripts out there that would make this smoother but I haven't bothered to look into them. If something downloads and I want it moved right away I just log in to the CP web interface on my phone and hit "Manual folder scan" under the "Wanted" section.

Here is a screencap of my Rename settings.

Image_1.jpg

Only troubles I have run into is where it refuses to post process if there is a file that has a LATER time stamp than the current time. For example, if its 9:00 am where I live, and the movie file has a time of 1:00pm of the same day. It makes CP think that its still unpacking.... but once the time passes, it will process it normally.

Other time where it refuses is when the movie is already in my destination.

Here is a screencap of my Rename settings.

Image_1.jpg

Only troubles I have run into is where it refuses to post process if there is a file that has a LATER time stamp than the current time. For example, if its 9:00 am where I live, and the movie file has a time of 1:00pm of the same day. It makes CP think that its still unpacking.... but once the time passes, it will process it normally.

Other time where it refuses is when the movie is already in my destination.

That's one reason why I use the ignore_unrar_dates special option in sabnzbd. It sets the extracted files date/time as the local time. Unfortunately this occasionally leads to something getting moved before the extraction is complete.

OK...I have SAB nailed down but Deluge is giving me some grief...namely the 'Label' plugin.

1.  While CP allows for Labels in the Deluge config, Deluge is not getting the label info from CP so the 'completed' path is not being set properly (I move CP DL's to a completely different folder).  I have to manually add it to the torrent in Deluge which kinda defeats the purpose.

2.  Whenever I restart Deluge, the Label plugin is disabled.

EDIT:  Scratch the first issue.  The torrent was being sent to deluge via blackhole and not directly.  Disabled blackhole on CP and this is working fine now.

SAB for 99.9% of everything I download. I use the SickBeard post processing script to handle TV shows and for movies I set a category up to extract them to the directory I have CP monitor.

Downloading stuff with torrents is something I do so rarely I just download the stuff to my default download directory and sort it manually.

OK...I have SAB nailed down but Deluge is giving me some grief...namely the 'Label' plugin.

1.  While CP allows for Labels in the Deluge config, Deluge is not getting the label info from CP so the 'completed' path is not being set properly (I move CP DL's to a completely different folder).  I have to manually add it to the torrent in Deluge which kinda defeats the purpose.

2.  Whenever I restart Deluge, the Label plugin is disabled.

EDIT:  Scratch the first issue.  The torrent was being sent to deluge via blackhole and not directly.  Disabled blackhole on CP and this is working fine now.

I was having similar issues with Deluge and couldnt get labels to work in Transmission. I am using rtorrent now and the watch folder with nested folders for the label works great.

I have the same as splnut... rtorrent with labels.

What I do, is manually download the torrent file and put in an rtoorent watch folder like this /downloadwatch/tv, /downloadwatch/movies. These will use the label and you can copy them to a separate folder similar to that... here is my rtorrent autotool setup:

15Baf0U.png

Here are my Docker volumen mappings...

TlY9Iux.png

NOTE: I DO NOT put the copied completed downloads in the watch folder of Sickbeard or Couchpotato. Either of these 2 could process the file before its completed copying. I manually post process, or do a move in Midnight Commander after copied.

I use torrents sporadically.

Is CP moving downloads for you guys?  I am seeing this error in the CP logs:

[tato.core.plugins.renamer] Couldn't symlink file "/downloads/_complete/_couchpotato/Mary and Max (2009) [1080p]/Mary.and.Max.2009.1080p.BrRip.x264.BOKUTOX.YIFY.mp4" to "/movies/Mary and Max (2009)/Mary and Max (2009).mp4". Copied instead. Error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/app/couchpotato/couchpotato/core/plugins/renamer.py", line 857, in moveFile symlink(dest, old_link) File "/app/couchpotato/couchpotato/core/helpers/variable.py", line 38, in symlink os.link(toUnicode(src), toUnicode(dst)) OSError: [Errno 18] Invalid cross-device link .

CP is successfully renaming the downloads but is copying (rather than moving them) to my movies share.  Here are my renamer settings in CP:

942OagW.png

heSCajU.png

http://i.imgur.com/heSCajU.png

Mine moves nzb's automatically.

I do NOT allow CP to process torrents because its likely that while my rtorrent would copy the completed download to my auto process folder; it would process the download before the copying is complete and end up with a messed up file. I do this copy so that I can keep seeding on the private trackers. When I download a moviie from a torrent... I know that in the end, I will MANUALLY MOVE the completed file using Midnight Commander to the auto process folder. The move takes a fraction of a second, and I end up processing a complete file.

As I said, I RARELY rely on downloading torrents... And when I do, I am conscious that I will need to do this little move at the end.