Crashplan Newbie Question

hernandito

I feel bad asking this but I am clueless as to Crashplan and I see lots of people here relying on it.

I want to be able to backup my wife's work files on her Windows computer to unRAID. They are both on the same network. The reason I do not want her to store her files directly in the array, is that I am constantly starting the array, taking it up and and down, etc. She needs to keep working (and making money  ;D) while I screw around with unRAID.

Is there a Crashplan server plugin-docker that I install in unRAID? And then I install a Windows client in her computer where I set backup jobs to store in unRAID?

Thanks!

Technically it should be possible but I believe that you need CrashPlan on Windows and unRAID using the same account. Alternatively, you might be able to map a network drive on Windows and only use the Windows client.

One disadvantage is that your backup is a compressed backup archive that only can be restored using CrashPlan.

I prefer using SyncBackSE to do backups from the Windows client to unRAID. A lot easier to setup and maintain.

Archived