permission denied on files and folders in shares

Hi,

I am running unRAID 6.1.6.

I am experiencing permissions issues with all of my SMB shares - trying to open or copy files and sometimes even opening folders within shares gives "permission denied" errors.

I'm experiencing this problem across a range of devices trying to access the shares (Macbook / ubuntu laptop / windows 10 machine).

Everything was working fine yesterday, i've tried restarting the server and running the 'new permissions' script in Tools.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here we go. Been up running since yesterday and the last thing I did before grabbing the diags was try and access some folders / copy some files from within the 'films' share, getting permissions error each time.

Do not see anything obviously wrong in the syslog although there do seem to be large numbers of messages of the form:

Mar 26 17:39:55 Tower shfs/user: shfs_readlink: readlink: /mnt/disk2/deluge/complete/sickrage/Marvels.Daredevil.S02.PROPER.1080p.WEBRip.x264-BTN/Marvels.Daredevil.S02E09.PROPER.1080p.WEBRip.X264-DEFLATE.mkv (20) Not a directory
Mar 26 17:46:15 Tower shfs/user: shfs_readlink: readlink: /mnt/disk2/sickrage/Gilmore Girls/Season 02/Gilmore Girls - S02E20 - Help Wanted.mkv (20) Not a directory

Not sure which app is causing these but I would not have thought they were normal?  They may indicate some underlying configuration issue with the apps concerned.  They could also result in the log growing to consume a lot of RAM.

In terms of the permissions issue you mention then perhaps for a file/folder that goes wrong you can run a command from a console/sss/telnet session of the form

ls -l /mnt/user/films/filepath

that will allow us to see the underlying permissions on the files that give the error.