Crash Plan Client on unRAID?

meoge

I keep all my personal data stored on my unRAID server. This works great for allowing access to all our files from any laptop/desktop in the house. It also provides some redundancy in case of a hardware failure.  I also subscribe to the Crash Plan cloud service. I have the Crash Plan client installed on my Windows desktop, but you can't backup a network share. To get around this I create symlinks on the desktop that point to my unRAID SMB share and then point Crash Plan at that folder. The only way I can get this to work is if I run the Crash Plan service as a user on my unRAID box. The problem I'm having is when the Crash Plan software gets auto updated it resets that service account back to "local service" and my files no longer get backed up. I've got Crash Plan emailing me everyday so I will quickly see that my backup dropped to 0 files and I can go fix the problem. It then has to re sync everything back up to the cloud. I'm unsure if it's actually copying data back up or not, but it does take several hours.

What I would really prefer is if I could install the Crash Plan client directly on the unRAID server and then have it copy the files directly from there to the cloud. It doesn't appear that any of the Crash Plan plugins are meant to work that way, they are all just so you can backup to the unRAID server. Since all my files already live on my unRAID server that doesn't do me any good.  Is there anyway to install a Crash Plan client directly on my unRAID server?