unRAID 6.1.9 freezes and unresponsive every night...

HiSoC8Y

Hi

I just upgraded to 6.1.9 from 5.0.5.  I didn't convert any of the disks to the new format.  I don't have a parity disk installed.

I have a total of 16 drives, 80+ TB.

Everything is fine, until late night (seems around 2-3 am).  When i wake up in the morning, I can't access the network shares from my PC, it just shows that it's trying to open it (the clock icon).  from the unRAID GUI, When I refresh, it goes on and on, to refresh but it never completes it.

Also, my plex server can't read from the network shares anymore.

I'm forced to shutdown the unRAID without the proper shutdown procedure.

This is happening every night since I upgraded.  I'm noticing that it's happening when no access to the shares for a long time (3 am), where I don't have my family watching content off my plex server, the content is stored on the unRAID shares.

Any idea how to fix this?

Settings > Scheduler, anything set to roughly 3am?

How much RAM? v6 has higher requirements perhaps you are running out. You can get by with 2GB on bare bones, but honestly 4GB is ideal.

Have you ran memtest86 overnight to verify that your RAM is stable?

If none of that helps, then I would check to make sure your unRAID USB is not dying by scanning it for bad sectors. (Seen this cause random freezes)

If that STILL doesn't help, since you aren't running parity I'd recommend backing up your license file and starting from a completely fresh unRAID install. 5.0.5 to 6.1.9 is a huge jump. This will rule out software issue, and be much cleaner.

Archived