Intermittent unresponsive/locked smb shares since upgrade to unRaid 6

callmeedin

Funny enough, the only drive I have that isn't xfs is my cache drive. I just dread breaking the dockers and having to rebuild them again.

I should really go find that thread about backing up cache to the array, and then just swap the filesystem on the cache already. (Or get really sneaky and just upgrade the cache at the same time!)

Quick update: All drives converted to XFS and no lockups during the conversion process. I have disabled the cache drive (just don't need it for my setup) after the conversion RFS->XFS was completed on all disk drives and everything is running smooth so far.

I do have a question about disabling the cache drive: I still the Mover in the schedule after I removed the cache drive. Is that normal (didn't really pay attention prior to adding cache drive)?

If it is not normal, do I need to run the "new config" (and check parity already valid)!? or is seeing the mover in the schedule normal behaviour, regardless if cache drive present or not?

I also see the "use cache disk" option set to YES under the Global Share Settings, but when I stopped the array, I can't change that setting if no cache disk is present. So what is the proper way to remove a cache disk?

Archived