Do a new config with an intentionally "missing" disk?

I have a 7-disk array that got a power surge which 1) killed a disk, and 2) corrupted the flash drive.

The system was idle, so I have a high degree of confidence that parity is good (or at least good enough to use to rebuild the fried disk).

I have a printout of all the drive assignments, so I can do a new-config.  But how can I do a new config and trust parity, with a missing disk?  I was thinking that I could install a spare disk for configuration purposes, save the config, then unplug it before starting the array, but that seems like a kludge.

Alternatively, is there a way to individually "trust" data disks?  The controller was fried too, and with the new controller the drives have different names in the unRAID UI, so although I have reassigned the right disks to the right slots, the system thinks they are the "wrong" disk.  If I can tell unRAID to "trust" what it thinks are wrong disks in slots 1,2,3, and leave slot 7 as "missing" I can rebuild #7.

Suggestions?