Need some help, potential disks failing, new disk not detected

Hi all,

I have been very passive on this board and haven't really kept up with Unraid over the last couple years as my server was just doing what it was supposed to. However lately I seem to be having a couple problems. I am on 6.1.9 now and the smart reports for my cache disk and disk 9 seem to have some issues. I have a hard time accessing some of my shares from my computer and also seem to have permission problems from time to time as I am not able to drag and drop into some shares as I used to be.

I just pre-cleared a 1TB HDD that I want to use as my new cache drive and after that was done I pulled it out and wanted to pre-clear a new 3TB disk that I want to use as my new parity. That disk doesn't seem to be detected. As I said I haven't really kept up with Unraid lately and would be grateful if someone could at least point me in a general direction on where I should start to fix this. I am attaching the diagnostics.

Let me know if you need to know anything else so that I can get some help. Thanks!

ohoraid-diagnostics-20160525-0720.zip

The current parity drive looks OK but I can understand if you want to upsize it. Looks like you have read your SMART correctly for disk9 and cache.

I don't see the 3TB disk. Don't know what to suggest except check your connections or maybe try a different port.

I suspect possible filesystem corruption for the access and permission problems you mention but it might just be the failing cache if you are trying to access files from a cached user share. The syslog is just after boot and doesn't really tell anything about that.

I was able to pre-clear the 1TB disk using the same slot I now want to use to pre-clear the 3TB disk so it was definitely  working. Will check the connections tonight. Could be a possibility that something came loose when I removed the cleared 1TB disk. Yes, I want to move to a bigger parity drive and will probably use the existing parity to replace disk 9. I will try to get a better syslog later. Other suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was finally able to get the 3TB disk to show up. Had to pull the drive out of the hot-swap bay and connect it directly to the power and SATA cable, then it was recognized. I will setup my server with the new cache and new disk 9 & parity and will report back in a couple days to see how it will run then.