Tripplite UPS issues

I have a Tripplite smart500RT1U rackmount UPS plugged into my UnRAID server via USB and Im getting this message in my log every 5 seconds.  Of course this makes my logs unbearably large.

Jun 21 22:14:50 Tower upsmon[11569]: Poll UPS [ups@localhost] failed - Driver not connected

I have NUT installed and I have it set to Tripplite_usb.  Is this not compatible?  I got a VERY good deal (free) on 2 of these rackmount UPS's and just had to install batteries.  I may just have to go back to the trusty APC box and put it on a shelf.  Life was so simple with the APC.  It just worked.

Any suggestions?  Thanks, Andrew

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1-- Have you looked for a support thread for NUT to verify support for your unit?

2-- Are you using a USB-2 port?  (Occasionally USB-3 ports exhibit odd behavior with UBS-2 devices attached.)

3-- Can it be assumed that you tried the provided APC UPS daemon?  If so, what was its issue?

Very sorry I didnt get a notification that you replied to me.  The APC UPS daemon just won't communicate with it no matter what I try.  After reading your suggestion about USB 3.0 I disconnected it from the 3 port and installed it into the last 2.0 port I have.  After messing with NUT some more now it seems to be communicating.  If not I will report back.  Thanks a bunch!

1-- Have you looked for a support thread for NUT to verify support for your unit?

2-- Are you using a USB-2 port?  (Occasionally USB-3 ports exhibit odd behavior with UBS-2 devices attached.)

3-- Can it be assumed that you tried the provided APC UPS daemon?  If so, what was its issue?

Very sorry I didnt get a notification that you replied to me.  The APC UPS daemon just won't communicate with it no matter what I try.  After reading your suggestion about USB 3.0 I disconnected it from the 3 port and installed it into the last 2.0 port I have.  After messing with NUT some more now it seems to be communicating.  If not I will report back.  Thanks a bunch!

BTW, there are probably more USB2 headers on your MB.  All you need is one of those brackets with USB sockets that include the wiring harness to connect to those headers to add a couple of more ports. 

BTW, there are probably more USB2 headers on your MB.  All you need is one of those brackets with USB sockets that include the wiring harness to connect to those headers to add a couple of more ports.

Yea you're right.  Which reminds me I wanted to relocate my flash drive to the inside of the chasis

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk