SURTA1500RMXL2U/SURTA48RMXLBP2U setup questions

wgstarks

Just purchased an APC SURTA1500RMXL2U ups for use with my unraid server. From reading the instructions, it appears that there are some settings that must be configured in PowerChute (number of batteries for example). I see that there is a Linux version, but I'm not really a linux guru (not even close :)). Not sure how to run PowerChute on unRaid? Is there some way to install it and run it from the command line?

Thanks. My problem is that I've also installed the external battery pack. According to the users manual, I need to change the settings in the UPS from one battery to three batteries so that it can calculate the proper runtimes. I don't see anything in the unraid ups settings to do this. There also seem to be a few other settings that are missing.

Been digging through the apcupsd online manual and it is possible to change the connected battery value using apctest as long as I have the ups connected via the serial cable. Of course I can't get this to work. Changed the UPS cable to "Smart" and UPS type to "APCSmart" but I just get a Lost Communications error. Are these the wrong settings?

Archived