Heaps of hwaddr in my logs

I been getting a lot of

dhcpcd[1438]: eth0: xid (0xSTRING) is for hwaddr

in my logs

I seemed to start getting it after i got my Mikrotik router.

I had a Netcomm Router before that.

I have since restarted my server and it seemed it was fixed.

but after a while the dhcpcd lines came back

I have tried to fix it by telling my Mikrotik Router to give longer DHCP leases. i had changed it from 5min to 1.5 days.

I have attached my diagnostics for checking.

thanks for helping

tower-diagnostics-20160715-1511.zip

I sometimes get a few of those too. I tried to find out about them when I first noticed them but information is scant, though I believe they are caused by conversations between the DHCP server and other DHCP clients on the network requesting/renewing/releasing leases. They should be ignored by your server and as far as I know they are harmless. Increasing the lease time should reduce their frequency - 5 minutes was a ridiculously short default lease time. I'd be interested to hear if anyone knows more about this.

5 min was ridiculous, thats why i changed it. funny thing is that my unraid server is also listening to the conversations between a few of my other clients as well. their mac address pop up in the logs. these devices shouldn't be talking to the unraid server for dhcp leases, and the server shouldn't eaves drop on these conversations either.

Also these notifications are happening every 15 min. even some 3 times a second.

i realize they are harmless, but its going to eventually make my logs too big. also it will make it more difficult to find faults for other issues because of large logs.

I hope this is fixable.