RC3 Shares no longer mountable Windows 10

Hi All, quick summary of what happened to maybe help root cause it:

- Shares were all originally marked public, all working

- Created new share, wanted it to be Private (RW to one particular user)

- Create new user

- Set share to Private, granting user RW access

- Try to map share from windows using user account, failed

- Now, no shares are mountable, even previously working Public shares

- Delete share, delete user, still cannot mount any shares still flagged as Public

Assistance appreciated... at this point I'm wondering if I need to start my smb.conf all over but am not sure on how to do that.

No custom additions to smb.conf

You say secure then you say Private. Just thought I would point out that Secure is a setting separate from Private.

Windows will only allow one active login at a time to a remote machine. If you were already connected with one user you cannot change to another user. Go to Control Panel - Credential Manager and delete all unRAID credentials so they can be renegotiated. Then try to access the Private share before you try to access any other. That will force you to login with the user. If you access another share before you try to access the Private share then you will probably get logged in without an actual prompt to do so, but it will be as your Windows user and it will only give you access to what that user has access to, such as Public shares.

Sorry. I meant Private (user and only the user gets RW access). But at this point, I have deleted that share and the user. I have unmounted the existing shares and rebooted the desktop. I get an authentication prompt when I try to mount the share, and nothing I enter will work.

I am, right now, unable to mount any Public shares.

Sorry. I meant Private (user and only the user gets RW access). But at this point, I have deleted that share and the user. I have unmounted the existing shares and rebooted the desktop. I get an authentication prompt when I try to mount the share, and nothing I enter will work.

I am, right now, unable to mount any Public shares.

Did you delete the credentials like I said?

Yes, I cannot connect to the samba shares from windows.

Sorry, is that yes in answer to my question of whether you are trying to create mapped drives?

Mapped drives are seldom needed these days and can be considered a security risk. Windows File Explorer and most applications these days can browse the network without needing to create mapped network drives.

If you do want to create a mapped drive you may have to go to the Windows Command Prompt and do

net use * /delete

to get rid of all mapped drives and start over so the logins can be renegotiated.

And also you never answered my question about whether or not you deleted credentials. You should also try that.