ZFS/ striping option for main array

DISCLAIMER: I KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT THE ORIGINAL INTENT BEHIND UNRAID

That being said, here is my feature request.

My setup: I am running unRaid OS (the newest beta) on my computer and am running a full Windows 10 VM on top of it with the graphics card, some USB ports, etc. passed through.

I use my computer for video editing primarily, so fast read/ write speeds are very important for me.

I have done testing with and without Cache SSD's (see this post: https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=50359.msg483664#msg483664) and I never was able to achieve fast enough SUSTAINABLE speeds (even when file transfer was smaller than Cache)

After doing some research into ZFS (the raid 5ish version), it seems that that is the perfect solution to my problems.

However, I am currently in college and do not have room for 2 desktop-sized machines, so I cannot simply install FreeNAS.

Is there any way that there could be a ZFS (or other raid 5ish) option for the storage array?

And yes I know there is a greater risk and you won't be able to mix drive sizes etc.

I hope that all makes sense.

If there is any way please let me know. I am a Computer Science Major at Georgia Tech and would also be interested in helping making this feature happen.