Unable to access server with windows explorer since 6.2 upgrade

mbc0

Just to be clear, this authentication issue has nothing to do with unRAID, it doesn't matter what version you are using, this issue started after a Windows 10 update that just happened to be at approximately the same time as the v6.2 stable release.

This affected all my servers, and only one was on v6.2 stable, and for me it only affects Windows 10 computers with a password set, anyone not using a password shouldn't be affected, looks like after this update Windows is trying to login to unRAID with your windows user/pass, hence the credentials popup and why it works with any user without a password, as long as your shares are public.

This is not my case unfortunately,

I started this thread as the problem only occured after the 6.2 Update, but the thread has been slightly hijacked with similar issues.

I have several Windows 10 Machines, 2 Windows 7, Android Devices and an Nvidia Shield, all of which are unable to find the unRAID which is currently updated from 6.19 to 6.20

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not my case unfortunately,

I started this thread as the problem only occured after the 6.2 Update, but the thread has been slightly hijacked with similar issues.

I have several Windows 10 Machines, 2 Windows 7, Android Devices and an Nvidia Shield, all of which are unable to find the unRAID which is currently updated from 6.19 to 6.20

Yes, your case is different, I'm only referring to the authentication issue.

Just to be clear, this authentication issue has nothing to do with unRAID, it doesn't matter what version you are using, this issue started after a Windows 10 update that just happened to be at approximately the same time as the v6.2 stable release.

This affected all my servers, and only one was on v6.2 stable, and for me it only affects Windows 10 computers with a password set, anyone not using a password shouldn't be affected, looks like after this update Windows is trying to login to unRAID with your windows user/pass, hence the credentials popup and why it works with any user without a password, as long as your shares are public.

I am sorry if I somewhat hijacked this thread. I do not mean to interrupt it, nor get help in here with the issue I stated. I wanted to throw in my observation as for me it seemed to be related.

Windows does actually try to use the login credentials by default for network storage mappings. The issue I stated does occur on PCs that do not have a password protected account at all, and also occurs on windows 7 and 8.1. I just now created a user test with password test and set up a new share, as well as configured an old share as "private" with access for that user. The share is visible, but I can't connect.

I should just do that clean install of 6.2 and open my own thread if that behavior doesn't change. Sorry, I thought that information might be somewhat helpful.

Finally bit the bullet and performed a re-install 6.20 from fresh and everything working as it should... would love to know what the problem was, it has effected a few of us upgrading from 6.19, I am disappointed that the upgrade failed but relieved to have everything working again with my data intact.

Thanks to everyone that chimed in to help, it is appreciated