Upgrade from 6.19 -> 6.20/6.21 Causing XFS Disk Problems

TDD

Hello all!

My system has been very smoothly running 6.19 and made the plunge some weeks ago to 6.20.  All went well but after a few hours I noticed the system was down and XFS was noting errors on one of the drives repeatedly.  Rebooted and tried again.  Same thing later.

On the third reboot, the drive was no longer mountable... :(  Did a xfs_repair, clearing the log and thankfully the drive was back and the files all seemed to be there.  This drive is especially important as it houses all my Plex metadata, among other goods.

Back to 6.19 and all well again.

Got the idea that perhaps a fix in 6.21 was implemented (I did not see one via the changelog...) so did the upgrade again.  Same thing...XFS complaining.  This time I have a screenshot.

I just want to confirm that this is XFS having a physical issue with one of the drives.  If so, why does this not appear under 6.19?

I also need to know which drive this actually is (md1).  I did not capture a syslog or dump from the system as I did not want any further corruption like the last time.

Has something been tweaked that a marginal drive is now getting flagged?

Kev.

IMG_20161006_200150-large.jpg.138e7d73b7aba45a7a5710b174be1475.jpg

This is what I have been thinking.

So...the fix is to run xfs_check and attempt a repair under 6.21?  Odd that when I run it under 6.19 it is fine so things obviously have changed.

Is there a way to boot UnRAID into maintenance mode so I can check the disks rather than via the GUI?  I guess if I am quick I can stop the array and bring it back up via maintenance and let the check go.

The safest plan is to have a backup of all the files I imagine prior to the upgrade and attempted repair I am thinking.

Kev.