CPU temp

Fork

is there a way to check the cpu temperature of the unraid server?

One way would be with a meat thermometer. But first you have to put some meat on the CPU grill.

Another way would be (provided you are using unRAID version 4.5-beta4 or later) the 'lm_sensors' package:

Telnet to your server and type:  sensors

No guarantee that your chip sensors will display accurate readings though. 

Mine have been showing temperatures like 100 C (212 F) since day one of my server,

but my CPU isn't very warm to the touch.  So I don't bother watching those readings.

Purko

Another way is to install unMenu and select the System Info page, then the CPU Info button, which will display a page that includes CPU temp sensor readings. That way you can check from your browser at any time without having to open a telnet session. Plus you'll have all the other unMenu goodies.

Another way is to install unMenu and select the System Info page, then the CPU Info button, which will display a page that includes CPU temp sensor readings. That way you can check from your browser at any time without having to open a telnet session. Plus you'll have all the other unMenu goodies.

That will work if the "sensors" module is defined for your CPU  (alas, for my old Intel MB, it is not)
  • 5 months later...

That will work if the "sensors" module is defined for your CPU   (alas, for my old Intel MB, it is not)

Is it possible to add manualy the missing module ?

• 8 months later...

That will work if the "sensors" module is defined for your CPU   (alas, for my old Intel MB, it is not)

Is it possible to add manualy the missing module ?

+1

It doesn't seem like my AMD Sempron is reporting any sensors either :(

The module may be there but just not loaded. Do you see it in the output of lsmod? If not, have you tried loading it with modprobe?

Sorry, linux n00b here, can you say that in plain English? Basically, I just went into unMENU and saw nothing under probes.

I just puttied and typed lsmod and I see the following modules: md_mod, xor, atiixp, ahci, r8169.

On my Semperon 140 running my BioStar board I just type this

cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature

Of course I just created a little file in my \\flash\scripts\cpu_temp

I just run it now and then. I don't know if its accurate or not, but when I'm tinkering around at command line I can easily check it

I attached it for those lazy people. Just remove the .txt

cpu_temp.txt

On my Semperon 140 running my BioStar board I just type this

cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature

Of course I just created a little file in my \\flash\scripts\cpu_temp

I just run it now and then. I don't know if its accurate or not, but when I'm tinkering around at command line I can easily check it

I attached it for those lazy people. Just remove the .txt

But that would require telnet/console. Are you able to do it via the web interface?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived