HDD Unmountable - SuperBlock?

JohnnyT

Last night I got an alert that my array was down. I saw that one of my new drives that I added a few days ago was unmoutnable. I tried shutting down the array and rebooting but the drive was still unmountable. I then went into maintenance mode and tried to do the fix drive errors which did not help. It then pointed me to run xfs_repair -v /dev/sdk which I did and it told me that a super block was missing. Which then pointed me to run reiserfsck --rebuild-sb /dev/sdk to rebuild the superblock. This failed and told me to run --rebuildtree which I am doing on that drive now. SO... yeah , did I lose all my data on that drive ? It is currently rebuilding or something but I did not have a parity drive yet. The other 6tb drive I had to make parity did not pass test and I was waiting for a new one. I just setup unraid on this a few weeks ago. Any help would be great as I am in deeper than I now understand.

2016-11-02_08_44_19-IMAG1012.jpg_-_IrfanView_Zoom__984_x_738.jpg.9ab56186ee49654ce2182478021a4fba.jpg

You should have asked for help earlier.

You can't use only sdX, you need to add 1 for the partition, but although that would work it would make your parity out of sync, on unRAID you allways need to use the mdX identifier, replace X with the disk number.

xfs_repair is for XFS formatted disks, reiserfsck is only for Reiser formatted disks.

If the disk is XFS abort the current check and do (with the array in maintenance mode):

xfs_repair -v /dev/mdX

X=disk number.

Maybe you can still salvage something.

I was able to ssh in and stop the current check. Any ideas?

root@davidFlix:~# xfs_repair -v /dev/md7

Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...

- block cache size set to 1434064 entries

Phase 2 - using internal log

- zero log...

zero_log: head block 121553 tail block 121539

ERROR: The filesystem has valuable metadata changes in a log which needs to

be replayed.  Mount the filesystem to replay the log, and unmount it before

re-running xfs_repair.  If you are unable to mount the filesystem, then use

the -L option to destroy the log and attempt a repair.

Note that destroying the log may cause corruption -- please attempt a mount

of the filesystem before doing this.

I do not but I will take a look at that for the future. I just started using unraid a few weeks ago so I still don't know all the best practices.

root@davidFlix:/mnt/user/lost+found# ls

/bin/ls: reading directory '.': Input/output error

I am guessing this means the directory is empty or is there more to it than that?