drive red x

CyberMew

saw the red x icon (Device is disabled, contents emulated.). there is no issues with the drive's logs.. i tried going into the drive and see no problems with smart, so i reseated the drive (after shutting down), and now the smart attributes info and capabilities are not shown, http://i.imgur.com/YFrFZNy.png?1. I have tried connecting to another sata cable as well as port.

the array status is also Array is Started, but Parity is invalid.

Any idea how can the array start if the drive is not accessible? and what is the meaning of Device is disabled, contents emulated.? I don't wish to break anything so for now I have stopped the array.

tower-diagnostics-20161120-1947.zip

Red X means that a write to that disk failed, so unRAID disable it, without the diagnostics from when it was disable we can't see what happened.

SMART look OK, though there are some CRC errors, you may want to replace that SATA cable, then you can rebuild using the same disk, if it happens again grabs the diags before rebooting.

To rebuild to the same disk:

-stop array

-unassign that disk, select no device

-start array

-stop array

-re-assign disk

-start array to begin rebuild.

... I turned off torrents and it seems to be alright now, 30+MB/sec.

That easily explains the VERY slow performance.  You should NOT use the array at all -- writes or reads -- during parity checks, parity sync, or drive rebuilds.  This will cause a MAJOR degradation of performance.  It "works" ... but it does so VERY slowly.  In fact, a series of operations will take FAR longer to do simultaneously in that scenario than the total time it would take to do them one-at-a-time.