Docker Priority set up question

So while browsing the forum I just found that you can set up priority for CPU on your dockers!!! So Im hoping that this will fix my problem I have been having where sabnzbd is hogging the CPU while unpacking a downloaded file, basically making it so Plex won't play anything. But My question is, is the number you set the --cpu-shares to basically a percentage of how much CPU it will use while competing with other dockers? For example, If I set Plex to 2048 and sabnzbd to 512 will plex use 75% and sab use 25%? (while both are trying to use the most cpu they can of corse)

Oh also is UnRAID set to a number? I think I read somewhere that the OS has priority over dockers and plugins but when the cpu is at 100% the web gui becomes unresponsive.

So while browsing the forum I just found that you can set up priority for CPU on your dockers!!! So Im hoping that this will fix my problem I have been having where sabnzbd is hogging the CPU while unpacking a downloaded file, basically making it so Plex won't play anything. But My question is, is the number you set the --cpu-shares to basically a percentage of how much CPU it will use while competing with other dockers? For example, If I set Plex to 2048 and sabnzbd to 512 will plex use 75% and sab use 25%? (while both are trying to use the most cpu they can of corse)

Oh also is UnRAID set to a number? I think I read somewhere that the OS has priority over dockers and plugins but when the cpu is at 100% the web gui becomes unresponsive.

I have an example in the docker FAQ about CPU shares.  For even more examples, and further options to prioritize docker apps over unRaid / VMs / etc then you need to google "docker run reference" for the parameters to pop into the extra parameters section
  • 3 years later...
On 11/24/2016 at 5:12 PM, Squid said:
On 11/24/2016 at 5:07 PM, xxredxpandaxx said:

I have an example in the docker FAQ about CPU shares.  For even more examples, and further options to prioritize docker apps over unRaid / VMs / etc then you need to google "docker run reference" for the parameters to pop into the extra parameters section

I just had a situation yesterday where Synchting was causing 100% CPU load! causing everything to be unresponsive!

Stopping that docker and my CPU usage fell to 34%

So would the best solution here be to prioritize other Dockers above making sure they always have enough power to run?

Or somehow to minimize what CPU allocation Synchting can use as a max?

2 hours ago, casperse said:

So would the best solution here be to prioritize other Dockers above making sure they always have enough power to run?

Or somehow to minimize what CPU allocation Synchting can use as a max?

On 11/24/2016 at 11:12 AM, Squid said:

docker FAQ

1 minute ago, Squid said:

What's the error?  Don't copy / paste from the forum.  Type it in instead

Sorry Squid my mistake! (long day)

I found the error I had some limits to logs etc on the same docker under Extra Parameters: and made a error fixed and its running again

Synchting is back using 100% but now the other apps and the Unraid UI should still be responsive I hope! :-)

Thanks - Of all the dockers Synchting is the most demanding! even more than Plex