run win2k or winxp in vmware on unRAID?

I have some windows printers that in order to share have to be shared from a running windows os.  I'd like to run winxp as a Vmware client on unRAID so it can be a print server.  Does that sound possible?  

The main printer I use is an HP OfficeJet G85 All-in-one.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=19543〈=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=30374

The other way would be to install native support for your printer on the unRAID server.  It is pretty advanced and not for the linux novice, but according to the latest release notes it might now be possible.

Changes from 4.5 to 4.5.1

-------------------------

Bug fixes:

- Fix javascript bug checking valid settings on the Settings page.

- Fix bug where a disk can appear 'Unformatted' immediately after array Start.

- Increase unmount polling from 1 second to 5 seconds when Stopping the array when external extensions still have a disk or use share mounted.

Other:

- Updated linux kernel to version 2.6.31.12

- Updated Samba to version 3.4.5

- Added Areca driver.

- Added Marvell legacy PATA support.

- Added USB printer support

Joe L.

The other way would be to install native support for your printer on the unRAID server.   It is pretty advanced and not for the linux novice, but according to the latest release notes it might now be possible.

Changes from 4.5 to 4.5.1

-------------------------

Bug fixes:

- Fix javascript bug checking valid settings on the Settings page.

- Fix bug where a disk can appear 'Unformatted' immediately after array Start.

- Increase unmount polling from 1 second to 5 seconds when Stopping the array when external extensions still have a disk or use share mounted.

Other:

- Updated linux kernel to version 2.6.31.12

- Updated Samba to version 3.4.5

- Added Areca driver.

- Added Marvell legacy PATA support.

- Added USB printer support

Joe L.

I'm a linux novice.

Guest smnas

Go on queeg, take the challenge mate :) - It make more sense to have native printer support as it would be an extra layer of software you won't have to run in order to get a printer server/shares working.

Besides, to get VMware Server to run under unRAID sounds like no cake walk either. It's up to you, though I'd go for the native printer support, but if you see running VMware Server for other benefits, then the choice is obvious. Good Luck!