Virtual network for array plus passthrough network for internet

Prof.Nova

I dont know if you can even do this or if I am going about this wrong but here goes.

I have 4 onboard ethernet cards all of which support passthrough and what I want to do is have one passed through to a vm plus the virtual one provided by Xen and the idea is have it so the virtual one is only used to communicate with the array and the passed through one handle everything else.

The reason for this is the vm in question has handles plex, Transmission, MySQL and Btsync and I want it to have it's own dedicated ethernet. Yes I know I can just bond them but I dont have a switcher that support that stuff. I also want to see if I can do it.

Also if anyone knows of a way to have the VM communicate with the array directly then I'm all ears.

I'm slightly confused, but here's a shot:

first question: will your board separate out your 4 port nic to individual ports/iommu groups? If not, then you might be dead in the water.

But, if you had another card, you could directly attach it to the isolated array, set static ip address on it and unRaid, then give the vm access to br0 and whatever the other ethernet card is (as ethX? or probably directly passed through) and it would be able to be on both networks, acting as the "gatekeeper" between the array and the network.

did I get it? or am I way off?

Archived