UPDATE: Intel Core i3-530 Boxed Processor and Fan: $85 a Tigerdirect

GaryMaster

Tigerdirect.com has the Intel i3-530 Retail Processor with Heatsink for

$99 - 15% Bing Cashback = $85

Search for "HDTV" or "Laptop" at bing.com to get the link.

This would make an excellent addition for those of you who got in on the Zotac H55 Mini ITX Motherboard from eWiz which I posted a few days ago. This has intel HD graphics built into the processor package to take advantage of that board's video output ports.

Free shipping requires $100 order, and since this processor is $.03 short, simply add this retractable modem cord for $0.49 to get you over the hump:

ULT31628 :: Ultra Retractable Cord RJ-11 Modem Cable   $0.49

Link to CPU:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=5581943&sku=I69-0530&srkey=I69-0530&cm_re=Homepage-_-Spot%2001a-_-CatId_22_I69-0530

I'll gladly take Microsofts money any day.  How can you tell it's 15% though?  The Bing shopping site shows Tiger Direct at 8-10%

I'm with you.  Even if I hated Microsoft, I would smite them by taking their free money!

You have to search for the search terms "HDTV" or "Laptop" and then click the tiger direct sponsored link which will come up as 15%.  They do these promos all the time where they offer higher than normal cashback from certain stores based on a search term. 

The nice thing about Tigerdirect and Circuitcity.com is that you will see the cashback amount come up in your shopping cart.  If you are paranoid, you can take a screenshot of that to assure you get it.  I have never had an issue with it myself.

I took it a step further and picked up 4GB of OCZ DDR3 memory (claimed my free shipping with this) with my order which comes out to: $99.99 + $99.97 = $199.96 - $20 (ocz rebate) - $30 (15% bing) = $149.96 shipped.

THEN I also bought the shell shocker today for the $70.00 Gigabyte H55 board which came out to $70.00 + 4.90 (7% tax) = $74.90 - $1.40 (2% bing) = $73.50.

Total = $223.46 for cpu, 4gb ram, and motherboard (modern components at that..).

This is all going into my new HTPC which I'm going to sell the old components from (740g mobo, 5050e cpu, 4gb ddr2, gt220 + the rest to complete rig) and hopefully profit from it all.

I took it a step further and picked up 4GB of OCZ DDR3 memory (claimed my free shipping with this) with my order which comes out to: $99.99 + $99.97 = $199.96 - $20 (ocz rebate) - $30 (15% bing) = $149.96 shipped.

THEN I also bought the shell shocker today for the $70.00 Gigabyte H55 board which came out to $70.00 + 4.90 (7% tax) = $74.90 - $1.40 (2% bing) = $73.50.

Total = $223.46 for cpu, 4gb ram, and motherboard (modern components at that..).

You did allright...  I love this platform for HTPC, unRAID and high performance basic workstations using the on package graphics.  Price/performance is fantastic.  Super efficient.  I watch the tech deals all the time and ended up buying two extra H55 motherboards and an extra processor this week.  The buys you made today are the best I have seen to date. 

I was able to do a little better on the memory a few weeks ago, netting $69 for the OCZ DDR3-1333 platinum after rebate.  The memory pricing has been crazy for months and I have to believe it is going to get better soon...  I sent OCZ a defective 2GB set of DDR2 memory a couple weeks ago under their warranty and to replace it, they sent me a brand new package with 4GB of their latest retail memory.  I felt like I won the lottery with memory prices where they are!

Archived