Can't access unraid server

A while back I had to re-arrange my router's IP address from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1.

I just tried to access my unraid server and can't. I think I had the server setup with a static IP address of 192.168.1.xxx (can't remember the last three). I never accessed it via the IP address because I'd always just type the name of the server in the web browsers address bar. This no longer works either.

How can I fix this?

Change the file network.cfg on the flash drive (config folder)

Then from the local console

powerdown

As an aside, for reasons like this myself (and others) keep network settings as DHCP within unRaid and assign the static IPs through the router itself.

EDIT: adjusted the powerdown command:  muscle memory had me type in the reboot version  :o

I'm so out of touch with this thing. Been a long time since I played with it. It's just been working. I've also neglected to update the daily email updates since they quit working so long ago. *sigh*... life.

So... Can I take the USB drive out of the back of the server, plug in in my computer, delete the file, then plug into the unraid and boot it up, or do I have to run an HDMI from server to my monitor? The server is in another room..

I'm so out of touch with this thing. Been a long time since I played with it. It's just been working. I've also neglected to update the daily email updates since they quit working so long ago. *sigh*... life.

You should consider upgrading to V6. Lots of improvements even if you only want NAS features, including better email and notifications of problems.

Got back in - thanks guys. Funny thing is once I deleted the network.cnf file off the usb stick and booted back up I got the static IP back in my router.

Perhaps I had the setting in the unraid configured to static too. Anyways.....

V6... I will. Right now I have so many other priorities I just haven't played with this thing or home theater at all for a long time. I use the server from time to time for picture storage so that's why I access it still. I built it for .ISO storage. That's where all the TB of storage is.