We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

I propose a game - Recommended Builds

Rajahal

I've finished the UK Version of the Budget Box, I would appreciate someone else checking it over, preferably someone actually living in the UK.

Looks good Rajahal (and has a lot of similarities to the build I've just completed). I've added the Asus M4A78L-M as a mobo option (it's a few pounds cheaper than the Biostar at the moment - ok, and I'm using it!  ;)). I never found the Biostar board when I ordered my component list...

I've also put in a modular PSU option as well (450W Corsair CMPSU-450HXUK) - although there may be cheaper/better options out there.

Excellent, thank you MrLeek.  And thank you doubly for editing the wiki yourself and saving me the trouble.  I removed the 'in progress' line, as the UK Budget Build is complete!

That's the big three areas covered for the budget build.  I suppose Canada may be another important area, since most Canadians can't buy products from the US (due to customs fees).  I'll let someone else handle that, I'm taking a break for now.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Was wondering what the power consumption of this Aussie build might be whilst in idle mode?

am looking for a 24/7 solution, to backup 1 desktop and serve wirelessly music/movies/pics to a PS3.

I dont have massive storage requirements(however 6 sata ports is a minimum), would start off with the free unRaid 3 drive(2TB + 2TB + 1Tb) option and build up from there.

Would love this mobo, but alas,

http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/ATOM/ICH9/X7SPA.cfm?typ=H&IPMI=Y

And my 2 cents worth,

I think an Australian section would be worthwhile, with subsections of builds, suppliers

Thanks in advance

Archived