Portable Plex for vacation

SSD

Thanks for am the help and advice. But so far I believe the only way to get what I want using my nuc is to install Windows on it and use the Windows Plex client. Then I could sync over gigabit Ethernet (not WiFi) and not be reliant on resorts wifi at all. Can use real remote control. Would rather not load Windows, but don't see any options. The genetic x64 version lacks the option to sync to external storage. Not sure why...

Before doing that I need too look at other player options like pht to see if it allows syncing from a light Linux image.

Using my phone is not a good option. I want to have my phone in hand to use, not lose it to whoever wants to watch a show. Wireless is too slow for syncing. I'm looking to take 4T of material, not 200G. (Although I do think I could connect my S7 to an external USB drive of arbitrary size.) But would take forever! So iPad / tablet isn't a very good option either. Buying something new like a Shield just for this is not so great. I do have an MS Surface 3 with docking station i could use. Might not be a bad option. But no remote (unless i can get my phone to connect to it through resort wireless). Also don't love that option as I'd lose my computer i use to dial home.

Will play around this weekend with non-Windows options. If no-go, I'm buying Windows <palm slaps forehead>. ? Have about a month to go.

• Upvote 1