Recently I am starting to get an error (irq 16: nobody cared) I restarted my server and the issue goes away about 5 hours later it happens again. I have noticed that my read and write speeds are CRIPPLED with this error. Nothing R/W past 2MBps.

So bit of an update I got the LSI 9211-8i today I put it in around noon and just about 20 min ago(about 10 hours uptime) normally it did it within 5. I am having the same error. HOWEVER my speeds are no longer being crippled with the error at least right now. Before when I got the error It​ would cripple the speeds instantly. I just tried some transfers and they are solid gigabit with the irq error. BIOS is up to date. I doubt the issue is ram I have had this machine on windows with the same ram and it worked fine. Maybe board ?

I'll keep an eye one it and check in the morning to see if I still have my speeds. I guess as long as I have my speeds and the error doesn't cause any issues I can ignore it?

So if the error is (could be) related to a USB controller, since I swapped SAS cards and still get the error is it possible for an IRQ to handle my SAS card and a USB controller at the same time? If that makes sense I guess what I'm getting at is if it can handle multiple devices on a single IRQ that would make sense how when it got disabled it took both devices out/crippled my SAS2LP speeds.

But what are the odds of the SAS2LP being handled by the same IRQ 16 as the USB controller if it is in fact a USB controller how would the LSI 9211-8i not be handled by the same IRQ? Or does a device get assigned an IRQ at random and that's why It wouldn't use the same one as the old card?

What really throws me off is I had this error about a month ago or so with the SAS2LP installed and it didn't cripple my speed. But like you said earlier the SAS2LP has been know to have issues with unRAID v6 and the LSI 9211-8i has no known issues. So maybe the IRQ is unrelated and the issues were separate from each other...

All do in time but that's were im at with it. So far so good. Just trying to better understand it, seriously thank you for all the help

• 1 year later...

What has worked for me is not having any USB device plugged other than the USB stick with unraid. If I need a keyboard to change the BIOS settings I unplug it after save & exit. Without doing that I'll get the error almost immediately and it will cripple my speeds. I have 2 of the old Supermicro aoc-saslp-mv8.