Preclear

Fonzarelli

Bought a new larger hd for my parity drive and unassigned my existing parity to use as another data drive.  Installed the preclear plugin and ran it on both at the same time. Of course the smaller 2 terabyte drive finished the preclear before the 6 terabyte drive so i figured instead of waiting another 12 hours for the 6TB to finish the preclear i would just stop the array and add the 2TB to an empty slot as a data drive and let it format while the other continued to preclear. Well, I hit the stop array button and now I have no access to the web gui.. I wonder if this is a bug... i probably shouldn't have tried to add a drive while preclear was running on another drive.  Anyway i can still access unraid through a telnet session.  Is there something i could type into telnet to find where it is hanging?

thanks, I am running the latest stable release.

The GUI will return when the preclear is done, or cancelled. The current GUI is single tasked, this is being worked on and should be corrected when 6.4 goes live.

BTW, your situation is exactly what is called out for when warning about flash drive backups. I would seek out any backups you have made of your flash drive and delete the super.dat file. If you were to restore a complete flash backup, the system would see your old 2TB parity drive and rebuild parity on it, completely wiping out any data on it.

Archived