Take Control via a Remote Desktop

DigitalDivide

I have a pc that I would like to use as my workhorse for copying dvd's to my unraid server.  Problem is I don't have a monitor for it.  I was wondering if there was a way I could hook it up to the network and then connect to it from my laptop which would automatically allow me to take control so I could simply pop in a dvd into my pc and rip, all through my laptop.  Anyone know of a free app that would allow for that. 

I know Windows comes with Remote Desktop but not sure if that can be set to automatically grant control.  If anyone knows how to do this I'd appreciate the help.

I have a pc that I would like to use as my workhorse for copying dvd's to my unraid server.  Problem is I don't have a monitor for it.  I was wondering if there was a way I could hook it up to the network and then connect to it from my laptop which would automatically allow me to take control so I could simply pop in a dvd into my pc and rip, all through my laptop.  Anyone know of a free app that would allow for that. 

I know Windows comes with Remote Desktop but not sure if that can be set to automatically grant control.  If anyone knows how to do this I'd appreciate the help.

This is what I use:

http://www.tightvnc.com/

Works like a charm.

It can, but tightvnc works well too.

In fact I have these cool smart monitors from viewsonic. The Viewsonic airpane.

They are monitors with wireless remote desktop built in. It's very cool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VIEWSONIC-AIRSYNC-V210-WIRELESS-TABLET-AIRPANEL-DOCK_W0QQitemZ350335837348QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLaptops_Nov05?hash=item5191a4a4a4

VNC on a laptop works very well.  Just a note about possibility.

Archived