Yet another UPS question.. sorry

dogmanky

I don't advocate posting redundant questions, but I just can't find what i'm looking for .. yet.   Simply I want to plug in a UPS (USB i assume) to the Unraid and manage it to at least a basic level.  

What UPS and how to use the mgmt. software  is what im looking for.

Any help or links to what im asking  be mucho appreciated!!

I don't advocate posting redundant questions, but I just can't find what i'm looking for .. yet.   Simply I want to plug in a UPS (USB i assume) to the Unraid and manage it to at least a basic level.  

Get an APC brand, use the unMENU package manager to install and configure "apcupsd" and the powerdown package.  It is very easy, just a few button clicks.

It looks like this:

13yplxw.jpg

Joe L.

Perfect!  Thank you Joe!

Get an APC brand, use the unMENU package manager to install and configure "apcupsd" and the powerdown package.  It is very easy, just a few button clicks.

It looks like this:

13yplxw.jpg

Joe L.

• 1 month later...

will this work with other brands?

I see the smart option is for APC, but what is the USB option for?

All I can do is point you to the www.apcupsd.com website.  The wording is directly from their user-manual.

Apparently, it will work with some other brands, as many use a protocol similar to the APC brand. Unfortunately, I have no way to know which unless you do a bit of searching on google for your specific UPS in conjunction with apcupsd.

Joe L.

Archived