Win10 Pro VM crashes and also crashes the unRaid server

Can you not try booting into a physical Windows install using a spare drive and see if the rig still crashes when gaming on bare metal. Would rule out anything UnRaid related. Sounds temperature related. Maybe also try running something that logs CPU/GPU/HDD temperatures.

Edited by NeoDude
4 hours ago, NeoDude said:

Can you not try booting into a physical Windows install using a spare drive and see if the rig still crashes when gaming on bare metal. Would rule out anything UnRaid related. Sounds temperature related. Maybe also try running something that logs CPU/GPU/HDD temperatures.

CPU1 which has the threads for my VM pinned, under load sits at about 49c

MB stays under 40c

• 6 months later...

Mine has been doing this too, even if I don't start a VM. Seems to happen more with a Windows 10 VM running.

Power shuts off completely for me though and no restart. Just shuts off the whole tower. PSU still has the lights on the Mobo on, so it does not seem like a power issue. There was one instance where just starting up the whole tower again did not work by pressing the power button. In that case, I turned off the PSU from the back and then turned the PSU back on before turning on the computer. It worked, everything seems fine, but now it still periodically shuts off (as in off without warning, NOT shutdown). PSU issue? (750watts) Heating issue? It is pretty crammed in there and I have like eight 140mm fans, most with dust filters.

Let me know what you guys think.