Cheap 2GB ECC PC2-6400 DDR2-800 RAM

bcbgboy13

As I mentioned in a few posts there is a way to find a really cheap (and brand new) 2GB ECC PC2-6400 DDR2-800 memories.

I believe that these are old stock and since they are not the plain vanilla ones whoever has them has not changed (increased the price) to reflect the actual cost now.

As far as I know Asus (officially) and Biostar (there are options in the BIOS) support these memories.

The ones that I ordered and just got are the HP 450260-S21. Quick search will show them in stock at various etailers for $30-$35. Disregard the module "generic" picture as I can confirm that they have 9 chips /side.

You can search also for other similar parts - just Google HP smart buy DDR2 ECC.

Good luck to you all.

Once again I have not posted this info outside the Unraid forum - let’s keep them here for the people that deserve them.

Thanks bcbgboy13.  I have really been looking for memory in piece-mealing my Unraid server build.  My motherboard is the SuperMicro X7SBE.

The specs for this is identical to the Kingston KVR800D2E5 memory modules that is compatible with the SuperMicro board.  I don't know too much about memory, but my guess is this should work too?

Its a feature of the motherboard and chipset or cpu used. On older systems, this is a function of the chipset used on the motherboard. On the newer systems, this is a function of the cpu and motherboard. The functionality was moved from the chipset into the cpu.

Archived