General instability -- lockup every day or two

drumstyx

Been having issues with my server being unstable in that every day or two, it'll become completely unresponsive -- no web interface, no SSH, it won't even respond to a single push of the power button; it needs a HARD reboot.

This of course is resulting in a parity check every couple days -- it can't be good for the drives.

I've attached a screenshot of the apps I run -- if any of them are known for causing issues, I can post more details.

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 1.12.43 PM.png

Post up your hardware and unRAID versions.   Get a Diagnostics file (   'Tools'    >>>>   'Diagnostics'    ) and post that up also.   While it doesn't  contain the start of the problem, there might be some clue in there. 

You could also connect up a monitor to the server and see if there is anything on the screen after the lock-up.  You would have to take a picture of the screen.  Double check that the photo is in focus and that all of the text is actually readable! 

Alrighty!

CPU is a Ryzen 3, so I'm suspecting something there, as being so new, I've heard of some issues. It seems to work so perfect for a time though!

There *is* an error on boot in the syslog:

Oct 15 21:11:44 DatNAS root: modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'kvm_amd': Operation not supported

Everything else looks more or less normal, some warnings etc.

Version is 6.3.5

I'll try hooking up a monitor and see what I can find.

Archived