HD Audio Card Pass Through

mikela

Hi Folks,

My Dedicated unRAID Server/HTPC has been operating without incident for awhile now.  I have jriver and Kodi (running MPC-BE as an external player) installed.   One problem I noticed is that the Nvidia cards will pass 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 96KHz and 192KHz audio streams but will not pass 88.2KHz and 176KHz.  Even my old Dell laptop would pass those frequencies.  It doesn't look like Nvidia is interested in updating their drivers to address this so it looks like I will need to get a separate audio card that will do that.  Any suggestions?  I am assuming it will be possible to pass it through the same as a video card.

Mike

Audio card doesn't always play nice when it comes to pass through. There are a couple of threads about cards that doesn't want to be passed through, so I suggest you do a search and read up.

Either way, you have to be prepared that the card you get might not work if you buy an untested card. 

• Like 1